2023-2028 Strategic Plan Feedback Survey
The Board of Education is seeking feedback on the 2023-2028 Strategic Plan. To complete this quick three question survey, please click the survey button below. This survey will remain open until Friday November 3, 2023.Take Survey
2023-2028 Strategic Plan: Planning Future Direction for Education and Learning
The Board of Education is establishing a new five-year Strategic Plan for the District so that the core purpose of educating and inspiring our students is happening and continues to grow. Planning allows us to reflect on the past, examine the present and anticipate future trends, in order to set the course for the future. The Board has engaged in a comprehensive consultation process in order to listen and learn from parents, students, staff, and community members about what is being experienced in our changing world of education, technology, communities, and the environment. The consultation process included in-person consultation in each community, consultation with partner groups, and an online option for providing feedback. The complete presentation for public consultation is available for download in PDF format.
The SD10 Board is using a method called “Scenario Planning” as a way of stimulating dialogue, reflection and engagement, during the first phase of our consultation process. Scenario planning is about exploring what the future may be; and how the School District needs to change overtime in light of that future. Scenario planning is about identifying a set of different realities about what might happen in the future. For more information about our four scenarios please click the link below to download:
- Staying on the Same Path Scenario
- Community School Scenario
- Its a Wonderful Life Scenario
- Dark and Stormy Night Scenario
2017-2022 Strategic Plan
Following a comprehensive, and consultative process including 13 Consultations in 3 Communities in October of 2017, the District has determined Our Three Bold Goals to guide the 2017-2022 District Strategic Plan.
Together with staff, students, parents and community members, we have identified three bold goals. A comprehensive working document with actions is used by staff and aligns district planning and financial decision-making.
Each year, the Strategic Plan is reviewed for major areas of progress. Key priorities for the coming school year are then defined by the Board of Education.
Our Three Bold Goals
1. Enhance Teaching and Learning
2. Cultivate Relationships and Connections
3. Build Advocacy for SD10
- 2022-2023 Strategic Plan – Priorities and Actions
- 2021-2022 Strategic Plan – Priorities and Actions
- 2019-2020 Strategic Plan Priorities and Actions
- 2018-2019 Strategic Plan Progress Update and 2019-2020 Priorities
- 2017-2018 Strategic Plan Progress Update and 2018-2019 Priorities
- 2017-2022 Strategic Plan Poster
- 2017-2022 Strategic Plan Book Mark
- A Summary of Fall 2017 Strategic Plan Community Consultations Brochure
- Draft Strategic Plan Timeline and Communication Plan – (Appendix B and C of the Draft Strategic Plan Working Document)